Q: How do I get there?
A: We are located under the canopy on the dock in front of Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits. See the Directions Page.
Preparing for your Ride
Q: How many people can go out at once?
A: Yes we can accommodate up to 15 people. Please reserve early for your special date and time.
Q: How long is my Holiday Lights Tour?
A: Your reservation will last an hour and a half. It includes a quick how-to-ride lesson. It is crucial to be on time since you will be in a promptly departing tour group. If you are late, we will do our very best to accommodate you at a later time or day but cannot guarantee it.
Q: What should I wear?
2. You can wear a bathing suit or a fur coat! Just make sure you’re comfortable for the season
3. Skirts and dresses are not recommended although it’s been done.
4. If you wear flip flops, we suggest you remove them so you don’t have to go sandal fishing.
5. Flip flops with heel straps, tennis shoes or any closed heeled shoes are your best bet. You may find a few drops of salt water on them at the end of the ride.
7. Consider a jacket, hat, gloves or dressing in layers if you anticipate colder weather even though you’ll warm up pretty quick when you’re riding.
Q: What should I bring?
1. High fives!
2. Water Bottle
3. A small bag can fit in the cubby in front of your handle bars
4. Money if you want to stop to eat. Many restaurants have public docking.
5. A photo ID
6. A beach picnic!
7. Electronics such as a camera or cell phone but at your own risk
Q: Can I bring my cell phone, camera or other electronic devices?
A: Feel free to bring any electronic devices you’d like onto the Hydrobikes AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Q: What if someone can’t reach the pedals?
A: They can ride on one of our side-by-side bikes with two other people.
Groupon, Living Social, coupons, vouchers
Q: Can the vouchers be used on holidays? For example, May 27 (memorial day)?
A: Vouchers are exempt on Holidays. Reservations are subject to availability and must be made 24 hours in advance.
Q: If I buy one for myself and my one for a few guest can we all use our vouchers at one time?
A: Yes. The rules are one person per voucher per day.
Q: So if my 4yr old sits in middle of double bike do I need a voucher for her too?
A: Yes. Every rider needs a voucher.
About the Bikes
Q: Is there a maximum weight limit for the Hydrobikes?
A: The maximum weight limit on the single bike is 285 pounds. The maximum weight limit on the double bike is 500 pounds.
Q: How fast are Hydrobikes?
A: Hydrobikes are capable of going up to 8 miles an hour. You’ll probably go about 3-4 miles per hour. You’ll go about 7 miles per hour if you’re an avid bike rider.
Q: Are the Hydrobikes stable?
A: Extremely stable
Q: If I want to ride for more than 1 hr, how do you charge?
A: Each additional hour is $15.
Q: Do you take credit cards?
A: Yes. We take American Express, Mastercard, Visa and Discover.